Friday, January 21, 2011

The Value of Sponsorship


One of our parents, whose daughter was sponsored through Uweza and recently completed Class 8 in primary school wrote to thank us for the support. We were so touched by it that we wanted to share:

"I am glad to take this opportunity to express my deepest appreciation to you in person for the good support and achievements that you have made me experience since you stepped into our lives as a family. The face of our lives has greatly changed and the hopes of my daughter that she had, had been according to how you supported her fully. She was very low when she joined Standard 8 but because of your support, she managed to score to the standard of a provincial school. It was not easy and exams were not friendly to them [Class 8 students] and even the government was very keen on their results since they are the first class for the free primary education.

Thank you so, so much and may God bless you abundantly, I must congratulate you because my daughter's hopes have rested in you. Sometimes parents let their kids down, not because they want to but because they can't makes ends meet. It could have been very difficult for me since what they [my children] want, joining Form One [high school] is like an dream for me, which might have lead my daughter to just go and ask a neighbor to teach her how to mend dresses. But because you are there, she now has great hopes for joining Form One."


Due to the educational costs that he has saved through the sponsorship, this parent who runs a business repairing shoes, has been able to repair his home, purchase a bed for his children, provide regular meals, and support the education of his five other children, who all excel in school.

We have recently added many new students to our sponsorship program. If you are interested in sponsoring a child, please visit www.uweza.org/sponsorship for more information and to get started.



1 comment:

Bubbe Lindy said...

What a beautiful letter! I will let the folks at church know that there are more children now who need sponsoring. Such beautiful children. Such terrible stories. It thrills me that this father is still present in the home and tr ying...although I can surely see how hope could be lost and a father could just want to disappear when so frustrated at not being able to provide for his family. YOu are always inour prayers here in Vincentown. Love, LINDY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...